Peanut Butter Mousse
The amazing Casey-Lee from Live Love Nourish creates some of the most amazing recipes and treats around. This one is of course AMAZEBALLS!
A simple, creamy and whole food treat made with just 3 ingredients - 4 with Kakadu Plum Powder sprinkled on top. You can whip this clean treat up in a matter of minutes. It is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and in fact uses no sweeteners at all.
Did you know, natural peanut butter is also a rich source of Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant) and niacin (vitamin B3) and a beneficial source of magnesium and copper.
- 1 x 400mL can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight* (BPA Free can)
- 1 extra large (approx 150g) pre-frozen banana (cut into large pieces)
- 4 Tbsp (100g) organic natural peanut butter* (alternatives below)
- 1 Tsp Kakadu Plum Powder
- Extra drizzle of peanut butter
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Crushed dry roasted peanuts
- Take out coconut milk from fridge (do not shake). Scoop out thick solids, should yield approx 200ml. Keep liquid for another use.
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix) blend coconut cream with banana and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and top with crushed peanuts and an extra drizzle of peanut butter and Kakadu Plum Powder. Or, refrigerate for later (if you can wait that long!) You can also freeze for 1 - 2 hours to firm a little more.
Follow Live Love Nourish on Instagram for other amazing creations and inspiration @livelovenourishaus