Wattleseed and choc chip cookies
Who doesn't love chow chip cookies? They are such an easy sweet treat for the whole family, especially for a lunch box treat for the little ones.
This recipe is a regular vanilla cookie with chic chip cookies with some of our Kakadu Plum Co. Wattleseed folding through at the end. They are really simple and have a special coffee like flavour from the wattleseed, making them extra special and decadent.
I hope you enjoy these yummy cookies using our amazing wattleseed. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 mins // Cook time : 12 mins
1 1/2 cups spelt flour or all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g unsalted butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup choc chips
1 tsp wattleseed
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Using a mixer or thermomix whisk together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (speed 4/5)
4. Add egg and vanilla whisking until light and fluffy (speed 3)
5. Gradually add in flour mixture until it forms a soft dough (speed 3)
6. Mix through chic chips and wattleseed (speed 2)
7. Place dough onto prepared tray, small round balls and pressing down lightly. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.