Berry Nice Cream
Recipe by Casey-Lee Lyons, Live Love Nourish
A simple, healthy and sugar free treat rich in antioxidants and free from gluten/grains, dairy, soy and nuts.
Prep: 5 minutes
Serves: 1- 2
1/2 cup (70g) frozen blueberries
1/2 cup (70g) frozen raspberries
1/3 cup (80ml) full fat coconut milk
1 tsp kakadu plum powder
1/4 tsp organic vanilla powder (optional)
An extra sprinkle of kakadu plum powder, chia seeds, buckinis, organic coconut flakes , diced tigernuts, chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), cacao nibs
1. In a blender combine ingredients until smooth and creamy (scrape down sides regularly). Add a touch more coconut milk to help blend if needed. Also starting on a slow speed then building to a faster speed helps.
2. Serve immediately and sprinkle with favourite toppings.
• This recipe is best served straight away. Alternatively if you make in advance, freeze and remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
• If you have a sweet tooth you can add 1/2 frozen banana before blending or add drizzle of maple syrup/natural sweetener.
• For an extra creamy result refrigerate your unopened can of coconut milk and scoop out solids to use in this recipe.