lemon myrtle shortbread biscuits
We have taken a simple recipe and added a little lemon myrtle flavor, giving your cookies an extra lemony flavor and aroma. These cookies are great for the kids, or even frozen for a special afternoon tea treat.. Make sure you have yourself good quality butter, a little tip to fabulous cookies.
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
220 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup powered confectioners’ sugar, and a little more for decorating
1 teaspoon Kakadu Plum Co. lemon myrtle blend
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt and set aside
- With an electric mixer (or hand held beater) cream the butter until light and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture followed by the lemon myrtle until a firm dough is formed
- Form dough into a sausage and cover with cling wrap, placing it in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm thickness and cut into shapes of your desire.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden at 180 degrees.
- Once cool, sprinkle with extra sugar if you wish