Lemon Myrtle Turkey Escalopes & Potatoes Parmentier
By Glenn Scott - @glennscottdesign
Our friend and bush food pal is sharing one his fabulous recipes with us. Glenn creates incredible cuisines that not only have beautiful flavour, but celebrate Australian bush foods. Be sure to check out his instagram profile for more inspiration about how to use some of our Australian bush foods in your everyday meals.
- 500g Turkey Breast
- 1 cup plain flour (or for gluten free, use rice, almond, chickpea flour)
- 1 egg (lightly whisked)
- 1 cup corn crumbs
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon Myrtle Powder
- 2 tbsp grasped oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 corn on the cob
- 3-4 small heirloom carrots (white, orange, purple)
- 4-5 baby peppers (colour of your choice)
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 150g snow peas
- 2 extra large russet potatoes (or 4 dutch cream)
- 1 cup red vein sorrel (micro)
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the turkey breasts and either slice into thin butterflied portions or place between cling film and use a mallet or rolling pin to flatten out, then cut into portions (size is up to you), 2-3 pieces per plate looks good
2. Prepare 3 separate bowls; flour, egg and corn crumbs withpaprika, lemon myrtle, and a little S&P.
3. Dip the turkey in flour, dusting off any excess, then into the egg and finally crumb mix
4. Add the grapeseed oil to a skillet and fry on med-high for a few minutes on each side until golden brown
5. Put aside and cover with foil.
1. Cut the kernels off the corn and peel and dice the carrots. Cook in a small pan with 50g butter till they start to get some nice caramelisation.
2. Cut the broccolini into half lengthways (or quarters depending on size), same with the baby peppers (and de-seed), trim the snow peas, flash fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil and butter.
3. Peel the potatoes and dice into 1cm cubes, rinse in cold water till water runs clear (removes the excess starch). Par boil in water and a pinch of salt (do not over cook) they want to be firm not mushy! (about 5-8 minutes). Drain and cool on paper towel to remove excess water. Put the remaining butter (50g) and 1 tbsp olive oil into a large pan over high heat, add the potatoes and toss till golden. Season with salt as you go!
Spoon some of the corn and carrot in the middle of the plate. Place some broccolini, peppers and snow peas on top and around. Place potatoes in and around to suit. Top with a few Turkey escalopes and a dollop of Herb Aioli (or Mayo/or sauce of your choice). Garnish with red vein sorrel.
Season with S&P to taste.
- Substitute vegetables to suit what you have on hand eg: zucchini, beans, asparagus etc.
- Works great with Chicken or Pork instead of Turkey